The Sinking of the Kuttabul: 75th Anniversary Dinner on the Harbour
Although this event is not connected to the Fleet Air Arm, the Association wishes to support the event. Any person may attend, but it is ideal for those who have some connection with the event, or have an interest in Naval History.
Final details will be forwarded closer to the date, but basic details as follows:-
- DATE Wednesday 31stMay
- BOARDING TIME 10.30am (to be confirmed)
- $80 includes full buffet lunch and unlimited wine/beer package
- DRESS CODE generally neat casual, though some chose to wear business suits with full medals (optional). Current serving ADF personnel are invited to wear full uniform should they chose to do so.
- Boat departs Darling Harbour (pier to be advised closer to date) and vessel tracks immediately to restricted RAN waters at Garden Island. Enroute, descendants press a poppy into the official wreath (one poppy for each sailor lost) and this wreath is then laid upon the water near where Kuttabul was berthed at the time of the attack. Naval bugler will sound the Last Post. Lunch will then be served and a historical account given by Kuttabul Historian and author, Steven Carruthers.
- Anticipated docking time 2.30pm
- All guests then invited to nearby licensed premises for social chat or depart company as preferred.
- Regular fortnightly newsletters are planned which contain historical accounts and general information. Please find attached the first newsletter below.