Under Clause 16 of our Constitution the National Executive comprises the National President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, Welfare Officer, Webmaster and Database Manager. These Office Bearers may be appointed as Directors of the Association and shall be responsible for:
- implementing and executing the decisions of the Federal Council;
- the administration and financial management of The Association, and be limited to expenditure on any single item of up to $2500.00 without reference to the Federal Council;
- mediating in any disputes between Divisions, as necessary;
- adjudicating in interpretations of the Constitution;
- appointing, employing, suspending or removing such managerial, secretarial, clerical and other staff as may be necessary or convenient for the purposes of The Association;
- taking and defending all legal proceedings by or on behalf of The Association and appointing all necessary solicitors, agents and attorneys for such purposes;
- adopting a seal for The Association and having custody thereof and, when authorised by the Federal Council, the President and Secretary will affix the same to any deed, instrument or document; and,
- meeting not less than 3 times in a calendar year. A quorum shall be a simple majority and votes shall be carried or defeated by a simple majority. Where votes are tied the President or his representative shall have a casting vote.
National Executive Meetings
The following records have been provided by the National Secretary for publication on the website. Note that the Treasurers report has been truncated to remove all figures, for security reasons – copies of the original report can be supplied to current financial members on request.